FiberLocator, a CCMI Business
Headquarters: Brentwood, Tenn.
Q: Please tell us about your company.
FiberLocator, a CCMI Business, is the choice of the leading telecom companies in the industry and is a trusted source for data and information. Since 1971, our commitment to delivering high-value products, services, and events to communication services providers and enterprise end-users positions us as a leader in the telecom data market.
We follow four core principles as the foundation of our commitment to our loyal customers:
- Delivering quality, comprehensive products and services
- Guaranteed reliability and availability
- Rapid troubleshooting on support issues
- Clear, concise and effective communication from our team of experts
Q: Please tell us about company’s top executives and the work that they are doing in our industry.
Our executives are collecting and making fiber location data readily available to the market.
Q: Explain your geographic reach. Where do you provide services?
FiberLocator primarily operates within the United States.
Q: What types of products and/or services do you offer?
CCMI provides specialized, intelligent data solutions and content-rich resources to communications service providers and the enterprise market. Here are the products under our CCMI brand:
Our flagship product, FiberLocator, FiberLocator Online provides access to hundreds of fiber maps, thousands of data centers, and millions of lit building records – from hundreds of carriers – in one convenient platform! From single maps and lit building data to online access or data via our API, you have access to the data you need in the format of your choice.
When you’re looking for full-text tariffs, ICAs and industry documents, TelView allows you to easily find interstate and intrastate tariffs, service guides and price lists.
TelView Plus assists with switched and special access rates for CABS auditing, predicting trends in rate changes with a comprehensive file of carrier rates and USOCs.
QTEL provides local area calling data, area code and exchange data, and jurisdictional telecom data, with monthly reports detailing all new, changed and deleted exchanges nationally, helping you to determine the most cost-effective way to route calls with detailed local calling area info and much more!
NetExpress 2.0 provides switched access rate and routing pricing with specific cost details from call origination to termination.
Q: What is your target customer base?
- Enterprise – large, sizable company that is not a carrier.
- Telecom carrier – largest percentages of user base. Own fiber. Look to other carriers to use their fiber so they don’t have to dig. Verizon, century link, AT&T, regional carriers.
- Telecom carriers have services to data centers.
- Data centers – Not typically heavy users. Owners of buildings that are data center hubs. Server centers where carriers can buy back. Digital reality is a customer of ours that offer data centers.
- Trying to get their fiber from one location to another
- We get data from Carriers. Can be clients are not clients. No charge to input data into the tool. Free Marketing for you. Customers looking for connectivity will see your competitors info. Zero charge for putting data in.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Consultants & Agents
- Wireless Providers
Q: What are the biggest challenges that your company faces and how is your company overcoming these challenges?
- Not getting a complete and accurate picture of all the carriers who have fiber at a specific location, instantly
- Not knowing who to contact at a carrier
- Not having multiple location abilities (A-Z location points)
- Not having to look at multiple locations individually
- Not having API capabilities to share the information with your partners
- Not being able to easily communicate with your partners regarding connectivity
Q: What are your competitive advantages; what sets you apart from other companies?
CCMI’s product, FiberLocator offers the most current, detailed, and accurate telecom data all in one place. With our dedicated research team continually updates telecom and colo data directly from providers and adds new fiber and lit building data weekly, allowing you to get a complete and accurate picture of all the carriers who have fiber at a specific location, instantly.
We provide the data you need in the format of your choice. From single maps and lit building data, to online access or data via an API.
Centralized database - Reliability of information with the most current set of data from hundreds of carriers for your project needs. Our data comes directly from carriers.
We offer a user-friendly comprehensive tool that flattens the learning curve and eliminates the need to research multiple carriers.
Q: How is the evolving communications marketplace impacting your business model?
The transition away from traditional voice telephony to digital communications and cloud computing has made us emphasize our FiberLocator business and invest in new businesses focused in this area such as Datacenter Hawk.
Q: Have you recently acquired new customers? Entered new markets? Added new services/products? If so, please provide details.
Mid-2022, our parent company, Simplify Compliance, acquired Datacenter Hawk, to strengthen our telecommunication offerings.
Q: Describe your relationship with INCOMPAS. How long have you been a member? Why did you decide to join the association? What are you looking to gain from your INCOMPAS membership?
We decided to join INCOMPAS because FiberLocator was previously listed on INCOMPAS and was offering an INCOMPAS members-only program, which provided affiliated carriers and industry vendors discounted rates on FiberLocator Online as well as consulting services.
We are looking to gain exposure and awareness and have a presence on INCOMPAS where we know our current clients and prospects are already going. As the data and connectivity needs of businesses and consumers increase exponentially, it is imperative that INCOMPAS’ member companies have accurate and detailed information in order to make important network investment decisions.