News - January 13, 2022
INCOMPAS Highlights 40 Years of Competition, Innovation and Success in New Video and Blog
WASHINGTON, D.C. (January 13, 2022) – INCOMPAS, the internet and competitive networks association, is highlighting its history, mission and future in a new video and Medium piece from CEO Chip Pickering.
In the Medium piece, Pickering showcases why INCOMPAS – which represents broadband builders (wired and wireless), tech innovators and streaming leaders – continues to find success in their fight for more competition, new networks, faster speeds and lower prices. It focuses on a list of INCOMPAS “firsts” and discusses recent success on Infrastructure Act, apartment and condo competition, 12GHz, and state victories in Maine and Missouri that promote streaming success and growth.
The INCOMPAS 40th Anniversary video tells the story of the association’s roots, as a small group of scrappy young innovators led the fight to break up AT&T and end Ma Bells 100-year monopoly. The video moves through four decades of achievements and growth, told by the five former FCC Chairs, Members of Congress and CEOs and leaders who changed the world through innovations like fiber, ethernet, VOIP, cloud and streaming that power the internet economy.
Video speakers include:
- Phil Verveer, Former FCC Senior Counsel, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State & Ambassador
- Reed Hundt, Former FCC Chairman (1993 – 1997)
- Kevin Martin, Former FCC Chairman (2006 -2009)
- Mignon Clyburn, Former Acting FCC Chairwoman and Commissioner (2009-2018)
- Tom Wheeler, Former FCC Chairman (2013-2017) (watch highlight clip)
- Ajit Pai, Former FCC Chairman (2017-2021) (watch highlight clip)
- Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA)
- Former Senate Majority Leader, Trent Lott (R-MS)