Champions of Competition
The Champions of Competition Hall of Fame is a permanent tribute to industry leaders, lawmakers, technologists and other significant industry contributors honored by INCOMPAS for their commitment to promoting and preserving competition in the telecommunications industry.
As part of this program, Champions of Competition award winners were selected by INCOMPAS' Board of Directors, based on the following criteria:
- Individuals must be actively involved in, or directly working in telecommunications industry.
- Individuals must have made a significant contribution to the industry by demonstrating vision and leadership or served as a catalyst for change that has had a significant impact on the industry.
- Award winners can be selected posthumously.
- Nominations for this award will be considered by the Board of Directors for next year’s program, and winners will be announced at the association's Spring Convention and Expo.
Winners of the INCOMPAS Champions of Competition include:
- Hon. William Baxter, former Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, DoJ (posthumous)
- Ms. Anne Bingaman, Chairman and CEO, Valor Telecom, LLC
- Hon. Thomas Bliley, former United States Representative (R-Va.)
- Mr. Bernard Ebbers, President and CEO, WorldCom
- Judge Harold Greene, U.S. District Court, Washington, DC (posthumous)
- Hon. Ernest “Fritz” Hollings (D-S.C.), United States Senate
- Hon. Edward Markey (D-Mass.), United States House of Representatives
- FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin
- Mr. Bill McGowan, Chairman and CEO, MCI Communications Corporation (posthumous)
- Mr. Alan Peyser, Co-Founder and Chairman, Simplexity
- Hon. Charles “Chip” Pickering Jr. (R-Miss.), United States House of Representatives
- Ambassador Kathryn Linda Haycock Proffitt, former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Malta and founder, former president and chief executive officers of Call-America
- Hon. F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. (R-Wis.), Chairman of the House Committee on the Judiciary
- Hon. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), United States Senate
- Mr. H. Brian Thompson, Chairman, Comsat International, and former Chairman and CEO of LCI International
- Mr. George Vinall, Executive Vice President of Business Development, Talk America
- Mr. Roy A. Wilkens, President and CEO, McLeodUSA Network & Data Services Operations